Saturday, January 01, 2011

Book Trailer Contest Voting Begins!

Let the voting begin!

Since there are SO many entries, we’re going to do this in two rounds.

Round One will be from Jan. 1 - 4. Ends at 9pm EST tonight! The top seven will advance to the final round. (Voting will be Jan 5 - 9.)

Voting Rules:

Select the top THREE best book trailers. Only one set of votes per person. No voting for yourself. If you’ve entered a trailer, you need to be one of my blog followers in order to advance to round two. And please only select THREE trailers. (Honor system here!)

Judge the trailers on:

Quality
Professionalism
Creativity
Perfect length
Perfect amount of information
A great teaser (like a movie trailer)
Makes you want to read the book

Remember, you are judging the TRAILER, not the BOOK!

The voting widget is just to the right in the sidebar. Please view all of the videos before casting your vote.

Happy viewing!

1 - Gringa: A Contradictory Girlhood by Melissa Hart (October 2009)



2 - CassaStar by Alex J Cavanaugh (October 2010)



3 - River Passage by p.m.terrell (Fall 2009)



4 - Dead is Just a Rumor by Marlene Perez (August 2010)



5 - Dead Politician by Robin Spano (September 2010)



6 - A Note from an Old Acquaintance by Bill Walker (June 2009)



7 - 24 Hours London' Guide Book: Top Tips from London's Only Hour-by-Hour Guide By Marsha Moore (June 2009)



8 - Fire and Cross by Enid Wilson (December 2010)



9 - Dream Man by Nancy J. Parra (January 2010)



10 - Night Watch by Mary Montague Sikes



11 - Three Daves by Nicki Elson (February 2010)



12 - Freezer Burn by Gayle Carline (July 2009)



13 - Bella by Steve Piacente (August 2010)



14 - In Celebration of Elastic Waistbands by Christee Gabour Atwood (October 2010)



15 - Leaving Home, Going Home, Returning Home by Jason Alster (December 2009)



16 - The Seventh Blessing by Melissa Buell (December 2010)



17 - Santa's Village Gone Wild! by Christopher Dearman (November 2010)



18 - Game Boys by Rochelle H. Ragnarok (November 2010)



19 - Dystopia: What is to be done? by Gary Potter (November 2010)



20 - American Smile by Cody Young (November 2009)



Prizes:
3rd - The donation of my YA series to the public or high school library of your choice.
2nd - The donation of my series PLUS almost twenty other new book to the public library of your choice.
1st - The donation of my series PLUS a $25.00 Amazon gift card.

20 comments:

Jemi Fraser said...

Wow!!! These are all amazing! This was really hard, but I've chosen my 3 faves! Good luck to everyone and congrats on creating such great trailers! :)

Arlee Bird said...

I'm going to try to view all of these when I get home later this week. Don't know if I'll be able to get my vote in, but good luck to all of the entrants.
This was a great service for you to provide, Diane.

Lee

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I was pleased to have so many enter! Remember that round one's voting ends Tuesday evening, Lee.

lynette355 said...

great teasers
now i really want to read the three i picked out....1, 6 & 11
BTW you have the 3 daves listed as 3 doves on poll.

my favorite is actually #1
Gringa: A Contradictory Girlhood by Melissa Hart
I really want to read this one. Need a review done, wink wink.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Lynette, be sure to put your picks in the poll, not here!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year From Southern California.

Don't forget to watch the 122nd Rose Parade on New Year's Day coming from Pasadena, California...only 30 miles from The Old Geezer's home :-) If you miss the live telecast, I'm sure there will be lots of reruns through out the day.

No matter what looms ahead, if you can eat today, enjoy today, mix good cheer with friends today enjoy it and bless God for it. ~Henry Ward Beecher

May God Bless and Protect You in the Year to Come. ~Ron

Mason Canyon said...

Great contest. Wishing you and your family a very wonderful and Happy New Year.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Julie Musil said...

They're all such great trailers! I voted for my faves.

Happy new year!

Carolyn Howard-Johnson said...

This is such a great study for knowing what good trailers are--you know, why. I'm not voting, though. I'm under deadline. Good luck to all, though!
Best,
Carolyn

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Ron, I did indeed watch the parade!

Dempsey Sanders said...

cast my votes, excellent contest!!!!

Dempsey Sanders said...

cast my votes, excellent contest!!!!

Patricia Stoltey said...

I enjoyed these trailers so much -- what a great idea to hold a competition. I found I liked the shorter ones best -- 1 to 1.5 minutes seems perfect.

Anonymous said...

I've watched them all ... like Patricia I feel the shorter ones are better. Its difficult to hold one's attention for a trailer any longer than that. I'll be back to vote on my three.

TerryLynnJohnson said...

what a turn out to your fab. contest, Diane! Great stuff. Hard to do, but I narrowed it to three. Good luck to all.

Unknown said...

I've made my votes, what a super selection.
CD

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Round Two with only seven videos will be much easier! I imagine the shorter ones will move on, too.

Nicki Elson said...

Thanks again for doing this contest - such a great idea and so fun to watch these trailers. On a side note - I grew up going to Santa's Village...slightly disturbed now...hehehe

Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

This was fun. I agree with some of the other commenters that a few trailers were too long. Now I’m off to vote.

notesfromnadir said...

What a fun contest. But how difficult it is to choose from so many diverse entries. I'll be back later to watch the trailers I haven't seen.