Friday, April 30, 2010

And Now For Something Completely Different!

ARTHUR: What are you going to do, bleed on me?
BLACK KNIGHT: I'm invincible!
ARTHUR: You're a loony.


* BOOK NEWS *

Mayra shares some great query tips at Sharing with Writers

Marvin shows us how to keep our prose strong at The Old Silly

Helen reveals that even MORE adult authors are jumping on the YA bandwagon at Straight From Hel

What began as a simple challenge for Arlee at Tossing It Out The A-Z Challenge has inspired so many and Monday is feedback day for those who participated. You won’t want to miss it!

One of the A-Z participants talks about the honesty of bloggers at Alex J. Cavanaugh

* CAPTION WINNERS *

Terry - "I cutz out the katnip kupon for u."

Stephen - “And that crazy dog said I couldn't punch my way out of a wet paper sack!”


* SPECIAL DAY FOR THE SPUNKY *

May 1 is my 19th wedding anniversary! Between a rough schedule and time away from the love of my life, I will be offline all weekend. (I promised!) However, The Sunday Sillies will go up as usual.

Amazing to think that we met when we were twenty-two and have now known each other for half of our lives. My husband claims he can't even remember his life without my presence!

Pits, I guess I just revealed my age, didn't I...?

Our wedding day, May 1, 1991, in Albuquerque, NM.

* PHOTO OF THE DAY *

Let me introduce Mr. Green Mamba! He lives at the snake museum in Wilmington, NC. As I discovered, snakes do not like camera flashes - so make a mental note to avoid using a camera flash to escape a snake in the wild. Mr. Green Manba tolerated three photos before he struck at me!
Spunky the photographer - annoying the animal kingdom one critter at a time!

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Wedding Anniversary! Nineteen years is awesome -- with all life's ups and downs, it's really wonderful to have a partner you can rely on and love through it all. Hubby and I are celebrating our fourteenth anniversary this year. (I married when I was thirty; that makes us the same age!)

I was terrified of green mambas when I lived in the Central African Republic. They stay in the fruit trees, where they're perfectly camouflaged. Their cousins, the black mambas, also live in that country, and I had the misfortune of seeing one or two.

I'd much rather see one in the zoo!

Have a wonderful weekend celebrating!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Thanks for the mention. And I won't flash any snakes in the wild.

Mason Canyon said...

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary. Have a great weekend and enjoy. Wishing you many more happy years together.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Nicole, I will pass on seeing them in the wild!

Thanks, Mason!

Karen, thank you - and that was in our townhouse in the NE Heights on Candelaria.

Sherrie Petersen said...

Happy Anniversary! My husband and I have been married almost as long, since 1991. And like you, we were very young when we tied the knot.

And check this out -- we were in Wilmington for Spring Break. I love that city! We did not go to the snake museum, though. Front Street Brewery was more my speed :)

Arlee Bird said...

Congratulations on the anniversary!

Thanks for mentioning A to Z once again. You've been a great supporter. Hope to get a lot of feedback on Monday from participants as well as non-participants--- we want to hear what people thought about the whole challenge.

Lee
May 3rd A to Z Challenge Reflections Mega Post

Talli Roland said...

Happy Anniversary - 19 years, wow! Hope you and hubby have a great wekekend together.

Tahereh said...

congrats on the anniversary!! such a huge milestone! it shows great commitment and dedication on your part -- certainly a reflection of you as a writer!

great post, and thanks for sharing!

have a fabulous weekend!!

Helen Ginger said...

Congratulations on the anniversary.

Last night, as I drove into the driveway, my headlights caught a good size rattle snake sneaking into the brush. Yikes.

Helen
Straight From Hel

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Thanks, Sherrie - we were 25 when we got married, so not as young as you think.
And Wilmington is a great town to explore!

You're welcome, Lee. Can't wait to read the Monday posts.

Thanks Talli and Tahereh!

Helen, that would make me nervous. We did have a baby water mocassin in our garage once.

The Old Silly said...

Awww, what a cute couple! Thanks for the shout-out, Diane!

Jemi Fraser said...

Happy Anniversary! Have a lovely anniversary weekend :) Enjoy some relaxation and fun!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary. :)

Allyn

Anonymous said...

Flashback photos are fun. Glad I got mention with the sub-title for the picture. Sometimes one just has to think like a cat. Have a great weekend.

Stephen Tremp

Creative Chronicler said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Enjoy your special weekend!

Carolyn Howard-Johnson said...

Congratulations, Miss Spunk. And thank you for including my blog on your carnival list. Reviews are always so hard for new authors. That's why I started The New Book Review. It's a way to get lots of mileage out of existing reviews. www.thenewbookreview.blogspot.com. The submission guidelines are in the left column.

Best,
Carolyn

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Jemi and CC, I intend to!

Stephen, that means you have fur on the brain.

Jai Joshi said...

Happy 19th wedding anniversary! Truly, I wish you and your husband the very best. You deserve it for such a great achievement - nineteen years! You're my hero.

Jai

Connie Arnold said...

Happy anniversary, Diane! I love the old photo, you both look so cute! Isn't it amazing how the years fly?

Anonymous said...

You had me at The Holy Grail quote. :)

Oh, and happy anniversary!