Monday, February 12, 2007

The Grammys Are Lame!

Today's entry features a guest blogger.

“Does anyone actually watch the Grammys anymore? The awards have become such a joke!
“Tony Bennett, Bob Dylan and Peter Frampton won awards – I didn’t realize we were still in the 70’s!
“Rock instrumental album? Were there really a lot of those last year? Doubtful!
“Some categories have dozens of awards while others, like hard rock and heavy metal, get one token award. And only in ‘performance’? Did any of the voters really see these guys perform live? I think if any of the awards committee had attended a Slayer concert, they would’ve voted to eliminate that category! Come on, Grammys, expand the awards for those categories!
“Of course, I’m just beating my head against a brick wall by complaining. The Grammys will never change or improve.
“After all, these are the people who, in the first year of a heavy metal category, selected Jethro Tull! And it’s been all downhill from there …”

- Sarah Gardner, wife of Broncos wide receiver, Matt Gardner

1 comment:

Mike Douglas said...

I'm not a big fan of award shows in general, and that includes the Grammys. I agree that they're pretty lame and irrelevant, and I seldom pay much attention, although I must admit that I got a charge out of my beloved Dixie Chicks (I've been a fan for quite a while) getting five awards after all the boycotts, death threats and so forth that they've endured over the last couple of years. You know, I think there's some irony to Jethro Tull, Bob Dylan etc. being involved now, because back in the '70s non-top 40 acts such as those wouldn't have gotten a look.